From time immemorial, this paddy has been used by the farmers for their livelihood, with which the farmer meets the other expenses of the family including feeding, pithapuli and hospitality. During the 2018-19 aman season, aman paddy is cultivated in 56.22 lakh hectares of land in the country, out of which 3.39 lakh hectares are sown, 6.62 lakh hectares are local varieties and 44.11 lakh hectares are uprooted seedlings. 53 million tons. Aman cultivation area increased by 5% in the 2019-20 season as a result of various initiatives of the government. Of this, 3.13 lakh hectares are sown, 8.51 lakh hectares are local varieties and 48.19 lakh hectares are uprooted. Despite various limitations, aman production is increasing every year and last year aman production reached 15.5 million tons. Newly invented varieties, modern management and proper policy strategy of the government have played an important role behind this. The government has placed special emphasis on aus and aman after boro production this year. These measures have been taken so that there is no food crisis due to corona, no situation like famine is created in the country, people do not suffer from food shortage.
Aman paddy is basically of two types; Ropa Aman and Bona Aman. Ropa Aman is sown in the seed bed in the month of Ashar, sown in the main land in the month of Shravan-Bhadra and harvested in the month of Kartik-Agrahayan-Poush (area).
Woven aman is sprinkled and woven. Aman seeds sown in the field are sown in the month of Chaitra-Baishakh and ripe paddy is harvested in the month of Agrahayan. It is also called Achra Aman, Bawa Aman or Deep Water Aman. Planting in Aman season Since there is not much opportunity to increase the cultivation area in Aman, some areas such as;
- The main reason why many lands in Sylhet and Chittagong are fallow is because the landowners are foreigners (Anambah: Bob Bhadhatsavat);
- Char areas of Noakhali and Barisal;
- Cultivation of short life varieties like Brie Paddy 56, 62, 61, 75 without fallow lands in areas where vegetables are grown in advance.
- In boro-fallow-fallow crop format, production can be increased by cultivating Brie paddy 91, other local varieties invented by Brie without leaving the land fallow during the aman season. Things to do to increase the production of aman paddy-
Variety Selection: Since the establishment of Bangladesh Rice Research Institute, 41 varieties (39 inbreeds and 2 hybrids) suitable for aman season and its environment have developed various agro-management measures to increase the production of Ufshi rice varieties and paddy. Aman varieties cultivable in favorable and unfavorable environment were mentioned.
Varieties suitable for the environment
BR4, BR5, BR10, BR11, Bri Dhan 30, Bri Dhan 32, Bri Dhan 33, Bri Dhan 34, Bri Dhan 39, Bri Dhan 49, Bri Dhan 82, Bri Dhan 61, Bri Dhan 62, Bri Dhan 65, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan, Bri Dhan Bri Dhan 93, Bri Dhan 94, Bri Dhan 95.
Cultivable varieties in adverse environment
- In drought prone areas Bri Dhan 56, Bri Dhan 56 and Bri Dhan 6, Bri Dhan 61.
- Suitable varieties for flood prone areas are- Brie Dhan 51, Brie Dhan 52, Brie Dhan 69. In addition, BR22, BR23, Bri 48 varieties of paddy have nabi quality and their seeds can be sown in 20-30 shravans and 30-40 day old saplings can be planted in flood prone areas till last 31st Bhadra.
- In saline areas BR 23, Bri Dhan 40, Bri Dhan 41, Bri Dhan 53, Bri Dhan 54, Bri Dhan 63, Bri Dhan 6.
- Suitable varieties in low tide prone alkaline areas are- Bri Dhan 44, Bri Dhan 52, Bri Dhan 6, Bri Dhan 6.
- Suitable varieties for waterlogged areas - BR 10, BR 23, Bri Dhan 30, Bri Dhan 69, Bri Dhan 6, Bri Dhan 6.
- Local jolly aman paddy suitable for deep water cultivation including Brie paddy 91 in boro-fallen-fallen crop format such as Ladhi and Banshiraj in Gopalganj and Barisal region, Lalmohan in Sylhet region, Dudhlaki and Phulkuri in Habiganj, Khaiya Motar in Faridpur and Sirajganj in Sirajganj.
- Varieties for Barind area are- Bri Dhan 57, Bri Dhan 57, Bri Dhan 6, Bri Dhan 61, Bri Dhan 75 and Bri Dhan 60. Besides, it is possible to cultivate all the varieties recommended for favorable environment in the plain Barind region including fragrant brie paddy 34.
- Suitable varieties for hilly areas include Brie Dhan 49, Brie Dhan 60, Brie Dhan 61, Brie Dhan 75, and Brie Dhan 60.
Premium Quality Varieties: In areas where fine or fragrant paddy is cultivated including Dinajpur, Naogaon, BR5, Bri Dhan 34, Bri Dhan 36, Bri Dhan 38, Bri Dhan 60, Bri Dhan 65 and Bri Dhan 60 can be cultivated.
Brie Invented Hybrid Varieties: Brie Invented Varieties for Aman season are Brie Hybrid Paddy 4 and 6 These varieties are cultivated in flood-free areas in a favorable environment. The rice of these varieties is medium thin, transparent and white and long, the rice is crisp and is preferred by the farmers.
It is possible to increase the production by continuously cultivating the newly invented varieties of Aman Bri Dhan 61, Bri Dhan 72, Bri Dhan 75, Bri Dhan 69, Bri Dhan 60 and Bri Dhan 6 varieties.