I continue to introduce you to interesting ships that belong to different countries. I hope that you will be interested in this information;)
This is a great ship - three-masted Hanseatic Kogg
In the second half of the XV century the Hanseatic kogg received further development. There Coggi two-masted and three-masted later. Their displacement was 300-550 tons For protection from pirates and enemy ships Hanse had merchant crossbowmen and a few bombards. Since the beginning of the XVI century in addition to trade military claws were built, which escorted merchant ships at the crossing of the sea. They installed 20 or more bombards, laid on wooden carriages. The length of the military claws was 28 m, width 8 m, draft 2.8 m, and displacement 500 tons and more. At the stern and in the bow of both commercial and military coggon was still located much developed add-ons. Slightly tilted to the nose, the fore-mast and main-mast carried one rectangular sail, and the mizzen – oblique sail. The Mediterranean sea is sometimes found Coggi two-masted, with fore-and-aft sails.
Spanish Battleship "Santisima Trinidad" - a ship of the first rank
The ship of the 1st rank was built in 1769 at the Spanish naval shipyard in Havana (Cuba). The hull and deck are entirely made of Cuban mahogany, and the masts and Rei are made of Mexican pine. Side thickness 60 cm Ship is a powerful floating battery. For the first time a ship of this class had four gun decks, on which 144 guns were installed, of which thirty 32-pound on the lower deck. Their cores could hit the target at a distance of 1.5 miles. On the second deck were two 18-pound and twenty-six 8-pound guns and mortars. The remaining guns were placed on the third and fourth decks. Numerous volleys from English ships in the battle of Trafalgar on October 21 (November 2), 1805 could not sink the ship, but still it suffered a sad fate: the ship was captured by the British and sunk two days after the battle. During the battle of Trafalgar, 1,200 sailors and marine soldiers were on Board.
Before you French Pink " Filez»
Pink-type vessel with a narrow stern appeared in the XV century and lasted until the end of the XVIII century. Pink had two Northern European and Mediterranean three masts with the slanting sails, and a bowsprit with a jib. Over the mizzen raised, cruisel. On arms 20-38 cannons, and used the ship as a trading and fishing, and in the Russian military fleet for the transport of Bonneveine and food.
Pictured pink was built in 1778 at the shipyard in Marseille.
The French Frigate "Flora" is also a very interesting ship
The frigate flora was built in France in 1780. The maximum length of the ship is about 47 m, the length of the keel 38 m, maximum width 11,6, draft 5 m. Weapons consisted of thirty 9-pound guns. The crew of about 300 people.
In the XVIII-XIX centuries, the frigate was called a one-man military three-masted ship with full sailing weapons. It was different from the sailing ships of the line and smaller artillery weapons and were intended for long-range reconnaissance and cruising service, that is independent of the fighting on sea and ocean communications with the aim of capturing or destroying enemy merchant ships. The largest of them was armed with 60 guns, were included in the line of battle, and bore the name of the line frigates.
The photo shows the American Frigate " Constitution»
The ship was built in Boston in 1797 and was intended to protect against pirates of the American shipping routes in the Caribbean and Mediterranean seas. The body of the frigate is made of very solid white oak, withstanding the ingress of large nuclei. Length between stepname 62,2 m, beam 13.6 m, a height of 6.85 m. Designed with 44 guns, the ship often had his two decks to 55 guns, of which twenty-eight 24-pounders and ten 12-pounders. Crew: 22 officers, 378 sailors and officers. In 1844-1846, "Constitution" made a circumnavigation and passed for 495 days more than 52 thousand miles. The frigate was afloat for 150 years, it was repeatedly repaired and restored. Since 1947, "Constitution" put on the eternal Parking lot at one of the piers of Boston, it houses an exhibition dedicated to the history of the frigate.
Before you ship from the Netherlands-Sailing Ship Gukor (hooker)
Initially, the hookers were built in the XIII-XV centuries in the Netherlands as fishing boats. Later, in the XVI-XVII centuries their sizes increased, and they were used in many countries of Northern Europe as military transport vessels. Sometimes for self-defense on gukor established 8-10 small guns. The ship had two masts and a long bowsprit, which is attached to a fore-steggy staysail, jib and flying jib. On the fore-mast raised trisel with open bottom part (without gik), and over it Marcel and the Royal, a mizzen-mast – the mizzen and cruiser. Large hookers had three masts, carrying capacity up to 200 hectares and could accommodate up to 300 people. The crew of 70 people.
Author's photo of the iPhone 6 S+